Booking Terms & Conditions
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- A non-refundable 25% deposit of the holiday cost is payable at the time of booking.
- The balance must be paid no later than six weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date, then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and you will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
- If your booking is made within 6 weeks of your holiday commencement date, payment will be required in full.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing. If you cancel your holiday more than 6 weeks before it is due to start, then your deposit will be forfeit. If you cancel less than 6 weeks before the holiday, then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by us, except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- No parties or events – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 4 persons and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies commence at 3pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the rental by 10amon the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
- Smoking or vaping anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by smoking will be at the expense of you.
- Dogs -Only 2 dogs are allowed at one time
-Please don’t let dogs onto the furniture, especially sofas and beds
-Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. Please use the poo bags provided.
- Damages and breakages – please treat the facilities and accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday and you may be charged for any loss or damage.
- Please do not move any furniture from one room to another.
- Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
- Please make sure you switch off lights, heaters, washing machine and any other electrical appliances when you go out – we are trying to be as ecological as possible.
- Please don’t take any bath towels with you to the beach.
- We reserve the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the property is left in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, water, internet connection or television service.
- We are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
- All inventory must remain in the property.
- Candles are not allowed inside the house.
- In order to reduce the risk of COVID spread we kindly request that at the end of the stay you strip your beds and put all bedding and duvets into the bags provided.
- Any problem or complaint which the you may have concerning your holiday must be immediately reported directly to us and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us at the time and only reported after you have returned from holiday may not be considered.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
In the event of the following scenarios arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, you would have the option to defer your booking, where possible or cancel your booking and receive a full refund.
- Government restrictions imposed on travel as a result of COVID-19, including UK-wide or regional lockdown, which prevent you from travelling on holiday.
- Government restrictions imposed on travel as a result of COVID-19 that prevents travel to the Highlands.
- Government restrictions imposed on travel as a result of COVID-19 that prevents overseas visitors traveling to the UK.
- Government restrictions imposed on the number of households permitted to stay in Torbeg as a result of COVID-19.
- The requirement for you or any member of your party to self-isolate as a result of a positive test for COVID-19 (please send a copy of the email or text).
- The requirement of you or any of your party to self isolate as a result of an instruction from the Government tracking schemes (please send a copy of email of text).
- The closure of holiday letting accommodation as a result of COVID-19.
Please note that if you are unable or unwilling to travel for any other reason, our normal cancellation terms would apply.
Our normal booking procedure should be followed including the date by which your balancing payment should be met.